Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Small but Almighty Screw, On the Loose

Listening to The Last Song OST album. Nice songs it has.

Went straight to P1Wimax head quarter after work today. Off at 1230pm, and the head quarter closes at 1pm. Wanted to return the Wiggy actually (the salesman didn't tell me that I'll have to go all the way to the head quarter just to return the Wiggy). Anyway, my sixth sense asked my to bring along my laptop. (but really it's my common sense. See I guess I was still hoping that something miraculous could happen) Reached my destination at five minutes before one, parked my car, grabbed my bag and laptop, and rushed into the building. Plenty of people around. First step to get attended: get a queue number. There were only two choices. A: Customer Service. B: Technical Support. See at this point I was only thinking of returning the Wiggy, but the forever mysterious mind, (with my subconsciousness being the conspirator) commanded me to choose B instead. So, while I was contemplating whether to press once more, it was my turn. Being the good kid leaves me with no other option. I went up to the guy, told him that I suppose I pressed wrongly, (and he agreed with me) and by the way is there any way to fix my problem. 'Well, we can fix that most probably', he said. Skipping through the process of fixing the problem, the conclusion was: the salesman should have asked whether I'm using Windows 7 or not, and to give me a CD for installation because Wiggy itself does not support Windows 7 and Mac. (yeah the salesman again) So, I'm now using P1, at last.

With the problem solved, it was time for lunch. But where to? Before I could make up my mind, I might as well go somewhere else. BookXcess was beckoning me. In just a short while I was in the book store already. As welcoming as it ever was and will be. I know, I was not supposed to buy another book until I'd finished one, but the books here are all exempted because BookXcess has the best deal ever for every single book in store. After about an hour, I stepped out of the store a happy owner (with growling stomach) of three great books. (and none was on the list I posted earlier. Well, stealthy great books are just everywhere. And I'm just human, too weak to defy the higher power of, uh... BiblioGod. (you know what I mean) So, my latest collections are: The Choice by Nicholas Sparks; The Longest Trip Home by John Grogan (I just love his Marley and Me so so much); The Power of Giving by Azim Jamal and Harvey McKinnon. And I'm broke.
It's such a wonderful Saturday!

Currently reading: Life of Pi

P.S. Check this out

No comments:

Post a Comment