Friday, August 27, 2010

One Step and Another (Breathe in ,breathe out)

Blasting Coldplay's songs in the room. 'I don't want to follow Death and all of his friends... ...'

It's a public holiday morning. Of what, I do not know. So, with no other plans in mind, I went jogging. Covered greater distance in shorter time today. =) Of course, the distance wasn't THAT great and the endurance wasn't that much yet, but I'm happy as long as there is improvement.

Great morning, as it forever will be. Lazed around in the bed for quite a while, finally woke up a little before eight (planned to be out by 730am). A little after eight, with my favourite khaki PDI cap (the one and only actually, for four years+, already), I was out of the gate, breathing in the fresh air. I always started off my jogging with brisk walking and deep breaths, and always skipped the stretching. I know it's bad, but well, who cares (torn ligament is not that likely in my case. Until then... ...). I did't have music to go along with, but I had quite some pleasant melody to enjoy. The dogs barked when I jogged pass their houses. Saw quite a few lovely dogs: Golden, Dalmation, Labrador, those tiny toy dogs and a lovely silky terrier who trotted along his/her master with the shiny long hair swinging with every little step. I'm missing Twinkle and Yankee. Saw a Sunway nurse in uniform getting in/out (I do not know) of her front door. Looked at her for a few extra seconds. Nope, not someone that I know. Saw a beer-belly-middle-age guy watering the plants; two women of neighbouring houses cleaning up the car porches, not talking to each other at all; houses for lease, houses for sale; fallen leaves and flowers; the neighbourhood guards from a distance; some other joggers; a young guy getting into his Nissan; a group of middle-aged women doing stretching in the futsal court; kids playing basketball; a mom (I guess) with her daughter playing the swing; a lovely little girl on her tiny tricycle calling out to her grandpa who walked in front of her when she couldn't get over the bump; feeling the burning sensation of my muscles, the trickling beads of sweat along my jaw. Great morning, like I said.

Drinking soya milk, and its now 'Life in Technicolor'.
I miss swimming too. Anyone?

Currently reading: Life of Pi

7 comments:

  1. Ur description of your neighbourhood reminds me of the place i'm staying in pj eh rong. very alike. well all neighbourhoods kinda sound alike ryt? but the one in pj fits much more though. :P
    since u like Coldplay. do u like Muse? their music are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Ra you know what? I think I have like five of their albums, but I haven't listened to all of them yet. Yea great music I do agree. Knew them through the soundtrack for Twilight, Super Massive Black Hole. Well, I actually heard their songs before that, but you know, it just never registered. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5 albums?! wow. like cd ar? i only have 1 original album eh. Gorillaz Demon Days. haha.
    yea my sis told me Stephanie Meyer loves Muse, thats y. rong u watch Twilight eh?
    talking abt soundtrack, do u know Bound to You? One of the soundtrack for Burlesque. Christina's voice rocks!! whadya think?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe I downloaded them.
    Yup, Twilight. And the rest. I even have the whole set of books. Oh no, I don't. One of my friends borrowed my Twilight and never returned it to me, and I can't remember who.
    Bound to you? Haven't heard of that. Will check it out. I didn't watch Burlesque anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh. i tot u got their cds. haha :P
    aiks!!! worst case scenario!! forgot who u lent them to! now u cant even get them back. oh nooo. >.< ask ur frens and see if they know who borrowed them?..
    Maybe u wun find it good the 1st time u listen to it. but 2nd time onwards u will find it awesome. if u like christina's voice that is. do u like her voice? erm the movie is okok laa. but Thor is awesome!! recommend that one. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. No special feeling towards Christina's voice actually, but her voice is nice. Powerful.
    Thor? Hmm... Natalie Portman seems to be everywhere these days right? No Strings Attached, Black Swan, and this. I like her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. no no rong. her voice is not just nice, it is good! really. perhaps her voice is not ur cup of tea? haha
    Yup she's kinda busy lately with all the movies. u like her eh? her acting is not bad at all. her character in black swan is interesting. i didn't watch No Strings Attached though. not so into romantic flick. haha. go watch Thor. go Thor! haha

    ReplyDelete