Friday, August 20, 2010

The Last Song

I'm holding a chocolate chip cookie in my left hand, with my right hand typing. All alone in the room, listening to 'Leaving on a Jet Plane'. Just finished watching The Last Song, a movie introduced to me by a dear friend who shares similar interests and loves for life with me. Yeah by now the cookie has gone all down through my oesophagus to my gaster, swimming in hydrochloric acid, being digested. The Last Song, a very nice movie by Nicholas Sparks. Like his previous works, namely A Walk to Remember and Dear John, it is sad. Nice, but sad. That's why I'm listening to the song I mentioned earlier.(on repeat mode) It is sad too. And that's the reason I'm writing this as well. Or more like a trigger. Since the post title is The Last Song, you would suppose that I'll be writing about the movie. Well, I'm not. The title is, well, just a title. This is not gonna be a spoiler. Watch it. I highly recommend it, and it's not just for the hot guy with hot bod. Opps.

I didn't even reach for another cookie, can you believe it?! If you do, don't. Gonna go for it in a short while. Life is just too short to skip on cookies. Right?

Actually I planned to talk a bit on the movie before I started the post, but I don't know what's gotten into me. Now I have no idea what to write == Human mind is just complicated, thus complicated human.

Yeah I can tell you about my funny mistakes at work. One of such happened yesterday or the day before, I can't really remember. (blame that on the neurons) It was a nice morning, as usual. I was in the OT doing the first case of the day. The anaesthetist, Dr Lilian was putting the patient under, and she asked me to go to the next OT to pass a message to Dr Lim, asking him not to leave first because she would like to see him. Well, that's easy. So I went in, identified the doctor and passed the message. Mission accomplished. After a while, Dr Lilian went out and came in back again, speaking to me (not particularly annoyed)," why did you go and tell Dr Jason Lim that I wanted to see him?! I wanted to speak to Dr Lim, the locum anaesthetist!" Ah well, I couldn't help myself but burst out laughing. You see, this Dr Lim just started working here the day before, and I wasn't even aware of that. So when I went into the OT, I spared him like 0.5 second (not knowing that he was a Dr) when I was glancing through the theatre, then went straight to the surgeon, Dr Jason Lim. I was like, why did she call him Lim instead of Jason Lim? But it was just too bad that I pushed the thought aside. So, tada! That's the joke of the day!

2 comments: