Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Not in my right mind

Called in sick yesterday. URTI (upper respiratory tract infection). It was like my first MC in 4 years. Yeah, I think I'm incredible too.

Slept through most of yesterday. The medicine was making me really drowsy. And I had this adverse reaction from Ventolin too. Why was I taking Ventolin in the first place you might ask. Well, why did the MO give me Ventolin, to begin with? It's for asthma and COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease). (And preterm labour as well.) I actually skipped Ventolin for the first dose. Second dose was in the middle of the night. Mom woke me up and asked me to take the med. I actually realised that the Ventolin pill was there, but I was just too lazy to explain to mom that there wasn't a need for it at all, so I just swallowed it. When I woke up in the morning, I found that I had this mild tremor of my hands and slightly racing heart. And I thought, it must be the Ventolin. Which was weird actually. See, if you were to ask me what the side effects of Ventolin are, I could never tell you any. (I can now) It's that kind of thing that tutors tried to hammer into my head but failed. But I guess it sort of registered itself somewhere really deep down in my brain, and found its way up when needed to.

I'm feeling much better today, because I'm taking antibiotics. Yeah, you are reading right. Antibiotics. You have no idea how much I despise myself now for giving in to it. I just really need to get well fast because I have work that I need to get back to, and I can't be coughing and sniffing over an open abdomen can I? Anyway, those cough and cold medicine can really blunt my senses and makes my LOC (level of consciousness) plummet. (Forgot to ask for Clarinase) That's why I'm not taking them during day time, much as I need to.

And, the weather's been crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment