Sunday, January 2, 2011

Like,

seriously whatever happens to planning?

Went to Sunway Pyramid yesterday with my mind set on shopping for new year dresses, ended up home with tomatoes, grapes, bananas, bread, Chipsmore, lettuce, carrot, and persimmons. No, those aren't dresses. Well, there was a reason for that. The crowd was simply crazy. It made me wonder where had all those people been hiding, waiting for the moment when I needed to do my shopping to ambush me. Yeah I'm that paranoid.

Today, I went over to Mid Valley, like seriously wanted to do some no kidding dead serious shopping. (That's the third 'serious' thus far in this post. I'm That Serious.) And shop I did. Three books, and nothing else. Book store wasn't even on my list, for once! After my lunch, I was just thinking that, hey, why not just stop by Borders and check out the new books? And that's what I did, initially. Then one thing led to another, before the ramen was even acquainted with my stomach, I bought myself three Mitch Albom's books in value pack from MPH: Tuesdays with Morrie, The Five People You Meet in Heaven, and For One More Day. Been wanting to buy them for ages anyway. So what tempted me? Well, it's a who actually. My colleague. The day when I was butchering Mr Time setting my new year resolution till the time for home, so was my colleague. Waiting I mean. (He thinks new year resolution is a joke.) So we got talking. This colleague of mine reads Harry Potter too!!! (Pardon me I just HAVE to put in the two extra exclamation marks.) You know the quote by C.S. Lewis -- Friendship is born at the moment when one person says to another: 'What! You too? Thought I was the only one.'? I believe so too. Anyway he recommended Mitch Albom. And you know what? It's year 2011! It means that I have made it to another year alive! It means that there is a reason to celebrate! It means that the promise that I made myself not to buy another book till the end of the year is officially accomplished! I'm a free soul again! Finally, fate (and money) has brought us together, books of Mitch Albom. Josephine recommended his books to me like four or five years back. Well, back then, this type of books just did not appeal to me. (I was just a teenager waiting for the never-coming letter from Hogwarts then.) Now that I'm (Eh, supposed to be) more grown up, it's time to open myself up to various categories of books.

Anyway, they are still having the winter season clothes on display. I'm waiting for spring. When is spring coming though?

8 comments:

  1. Yes Mitch Albom's writing is good! I seriously like For One More Day. So touching.
    Five Ppl You Meet in Heaven is supposed to be good too i think, so many recommendations. If im not mistaken, there is a sequel now for that one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sequel? I have no idea bout that. I thought all his books are published single. =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Argh my mistake. the follow-up novel is for Tuesdays with Morrie, which is Have A Little Faith. my bad. :P
    So how do u find For One More Day?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Makes me feel like I wanna go home right away.
    I'm currently reading Tuesdays with Morrie. Have you read that? Plan to buy Have A Little Faith once I finish the other two.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea, such a noble love. T.T
    I read Tuesdays with Morrie many times, but get this I never finished it. So i read the front half for many times. I'm always busy with other things when i reached the half, then when i get back to the book, i've forgotten the plot. =.=
    hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha that's the problem I have with The Lord of The Rings. Never get to finish until now. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha. but for LOTR, the movie is so much more interesting to me than the book itself. rare case this. =P
    perhaps i should continue through the slower-paced-intro of the book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yea the movies are awesome! Feel like I wanna watch them all over again!

    ReplyDelete