Saturday, December 11, 2010

Home Sweet Home

A fantastic weekend back at home in Malacca. Really, there's no place like home. Bless the Sultan of Selangor for having his birthday on a Saturday. =)

Woke up at 7 o'clock this morning. In my opinion, there's no better way to start off such fine morning than bringing my dog, AhGal out for a walk. My sis and Ethan came along too. After we got back, I made us breakfast, fried rice. After that, mom and I went out for grocery shopping in Tesco.

Around 2 o'clock, I started my baking experiments with the recipes I found online. They were the Vegan Chocolate Cake and the Sticky Vegan Cinnamon Roll. Vegan means free of animal products, which means there's no egg or milk used in these recipes. And you know what, they tasted just as good, or even better!

Just wanna share some photos of my hard work of one well-spent afternoon!

The Vegan Chocolate Cake








































The Sticky Cinnamon Roll

























Without icing


With icing




The same oven ever since I was in primary school. Amazing, except the burnt bulb.


My music- Yiruma =)


The custom-made 'forceps' by grandpa for mom (to remove hot pans from the oven)

3 comments:

  1. Photos with depth and bluriness wor!! praise!! I like the second photo! what cam did u use rong?

    P.S. no eggs and milk but taste just as gr8? unimaginable. i got to search for that recipe online too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used my sis' Nikon. DSLR.
    Haha yeah totally! Just search for anything and add 'vegan' to it.

    ReplyDelete